Hi! I’m Rachel Maleady, and this is my personal website. On this page you can find out a little bit about me, view my writing portfolio, purchase my SEO services, or read up on my latest blog posts. If you want to get in touch, check out my contact page.
- I’m originally from upstate New York, but now reside in northern New Jersey with my fiance and our cat.
- I run and own 3 other websites in addition to this one: Life Unsweetened, my lifestyle blog; Petite Fashion, a website for short girls like me; and A Woman to Watch, a site filled with interviews with inspirational women.
- My interests include reading, writing, watching TV, shopping and spending time with friends.
- I’m in the process of writing my first book, and will be documenting the process right here on this blog.
I started my career working in SEO (search engine optimization) in 2011 while working as a copywriter and online marketing specialist at Eight Oh Two, a SEO/marketing firm. I then spent two years at EducationDynamics, higher education’s leading marketing information and technology services company, where I took on the role of an SEO Analyst and help defined and strengthened our content, social media and SEO strategies.
I have 4 years of experience working with a very diverse client base, including e-commerce and retail brands, fashion and beauty retailers, small businesses, non-profits, higher education institutions and more. Past clients I’ve produced work for during my various jobs include Orvis, Westchester Library System, Education Connection, CS Hardware, Bentley Seeds, Crazy Shirts and more.
Prior to starting a career in SEO, I worked in the promotions department at Cumulus Media, a popular radio broadcasting company, worked for Co-Communications, a mid-size public relations and marketing agency, wrote a column for a national family magazine and worked for the Marist Poll, the first college-based survey center in the nation to involve undergraduates in conducting survey research.
Since 2012, I have had run a successful lifestyle blog, Life Unsweetened. Topics I write about include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, home decor, food and much more. Through my blog, I’ve had the opportunity to work with brands and companies including InStyle, Dove, Aflac, Fancy Feast, Neutrogena, Lens Crafters, John Frieda, Baileys and many more.
I regularly contribute freelance writing pieces to a variety of websites and publications, including Business Insider, Levo League, The Everygirl, Lucky Magazine Online, LA Family Magazine and more. My work has been published in both print and online catalogs, as well as various magazines, blogs and websites.
I’m currently working on writing my first book, a semi-memoir, to be out sometime in 2016 or 2017.
Freelance SEO & Content Marketing Strategy
I have been working as a freelance SEO and content strategist since 2013. My current freelance gigs include blogging for a skincare company, Shinso Skincare, and helping out with a fashion boutique’s SEO and content strategy- L.Mae Boutique. I offer SEO services for bloggers, Etsy shop owners, e-commerce websites and more, and am actively taking on new clients.
- search engine optimization (keyword research, link building, on and off-page optimization & content strategy),
- copywriting & copyediting
- journalistic & technical writing
- content marketing & content strategy
- social media
- creating and maintaining websites (HTML, CSS, WordPress)
My previous education includes a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from Marist College, where I studied public relations and business. During my time there, I completed two internships, a part-time job, was an involved member of our radio station, student newspaper and PRSSA.
I’m all over social media, so you can keep up with me here: